Sunday, November 1, 2009

23 down, and some new theories on Death

Powered through viewing #23, giving me a one-view lead while Cole has dinner at her parents' house, and I'm starting #24 as I type. I came up with a few more theories about the composition of the final group that Death takes off into the sunset and also did some digging around "Ariadne versus Kunigunda". I'll start with the latter first!

Ariadne was the daughter of King Minos of Crete, and she was the one who helped Theseus kill the fabled minotaur by navigating him through the labyrinth. She then left Crete with Theseus, but was abandoned on an island on the way home because Theseus discovered that she was already married to Dionysus, the Greek God of wine and debauchery. This actually makes quite a bit of sense in the context of T7S, as Lisa shares wine with Skat and then shares much more than that in the woods, only to be abandoned by him when her husband Plogg returns.

Kunigunda was the Queen of Bohemia in the mid to late 13th century. I found some personal information, but nothing to really indicate how Lisa may have resembled her. Maybe Lisa was just putting on airs by giving her name as that of a Queen?

I'm a little surprised that the dubbed name is the more accurate one, but at least now I know the reason why the editors might have changed the name from Kunigunda to Ariadne.

No comments:

Post a Comment